- Program: Volunteer Costa Rica
- Location: San Ramon
- Minimum Duration: 12 Weeks
- Language Requirement: Int. Spanish
- Airport Pick-up: $75
- Suitable for Groups: No
- Travel Insurance: No, but mandatory
- Local Language Class: 1 Week Included
- Region: Alajuela
- Project Site: Orphanage / Children's Home
- Minimum Age: 18
- Accommodation: Volunteer Dormitory
- Meals Included: 2 Meals - Monday to Friday
- Suitable for Families: No
- Start Dates: Every Other Friday
- Closed Dates: See program guide
Join uVolunteer’s Orphanage and Children’s Home Program to provide hands-on help with deprived and often mistreated youngsters in San Ramon. We work with a number of small orphanages in Costa Rica where babies and children up to the age of 15 receive educational and emotional support, as well as a safe place of residence.
Volunteers look after children and organize their daily routines, providing group and one-to-one assistance. You’ll have the opportunity to teach English, lead fun, educational activities and share your skills with deprived youngsters, setting a positive example. With your help, children are supported through this difficult time and given the best chance at achieving a happy and fulfilled life. Download the program brochure to learn more about becoming an orphanage and children’s home volunteer.
As an orphanage and children’s home volunteer, you’ll work with disadvantaged children at small centers in San Ramon, providing emotional and educational support. Teach English, lead creative play and activities, help out with homework and support staff with the general upkeep of the centers.
Andrea's Video Report
Orphanage and children’s home volunteers work four days per week, from Monday to Thursday. On these days, working hours are from 9am until 2 – 3pm.
Journey to Project
The orphanages that we work with are within a 30 minute bus ride from our volunteer dormitory.