Our fees include your meals, accommodation and program supervision by local bi-lingual staff. We make our fees very affordable and easy to understand without any hidden extras. There is no application fees and programs are purchased in weekly blocks.
Ghana & Thailand
Project Duration Information
- The Healthcare project in Ghana has a minimum duration of 3 weeks
- National Parks in Ghana and Community Education in Costa Rica have a minimum duration of 4 weeks
- All other projects in Costa Rica, Ghana and Thailand have a minimum duration of 2 weeks.
- 1-week placements are only available for groups of 8 or more.
Additional Fees Info
- The Orphanage project in Ghana project has an additional fee of US$50 per placement.
- The Healthcare project in Ghana has an additional fee of US$100 per placement.
- National Parks project in Ghana has an additional fee of US$450 per placement.
- Turtle Conservation in Costa Rica has an additional fee of US$450 per placement.
- Want to stay longer in any program, just add $245 for each additional week.
- All bookings are processed online in US dollars.
- Program fees are 100% refundable up until 60 days before arrival. Terms and conditions apply.
- What is included in the fee?
- Volunteer project
- Dorm or Homestay Accommodation
- 2 Meals daily
- Pre-arrival information
- Local supervision and support
- FREE Cultural Guide Book
- Orientation and city tour
- Social activities
- Letter of completion
- What is NOT included in the fee?
- International flights
- In-Country transportation
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Airport pick-up
- Weekend trips and personal expenses
- Visa costs, if applicable
- Vaccinations, if applicable
- Airport drop-off
AIRPORT PICK-UP, FLIGHT, VISA COSTS, TRAVEL INSURANCE & TRANSPORTATION
Airport pickup is not included in our program fees. However, our program locations are easily accessible via public transportation. Your pre-arrival documentation will outline how to arrive at the pickup point in your program location.
Alternatively, we can arrange airport pick-up by a member of staff. This service costs US $75 per person and can be shared if coming with a friend.
At the end of your program, you should be able to use public transport to return to the airport. Your coordinators can also arrange a local taxi service to drop you off if you’d like. The cost for the bus is around $10 or around $75 for the taxi service.
It is your responsibility to purchase a round-trip flight to your program destination. The cost of the ticket will depend on where you live and where you purchase the ticket. There are many websites that offer great deals on flights — we recommend www.skyscanner.com, www.cheapoair.com, www.hipmunk.com.
Costa Rica and Thailand have a visa upon entry programs with most countries, meaning you do not need to secure a visa in advance. For more information, visit the Costa Rica Embassy or Thailand Embassy websites in your country.
All visitors to Ghana will need to apply for a visa. Depending on where you live, the cost of a visa for Ghana is between $75-$95. For more information visit The Ghana High Commission website in your country.
It is mandatory that all participants purchase travel insurance. Your policy should cover you for situations such as medical emergencies, travel disruptions, damaged or lost luggage, and loss of expensive items such as smartphones, laptops and cameras. The cost of your policy will depend on the duration of your trip and what is covered. We suggest you start your search here https://www.worldnomads.com or https://www.truetraveller.com/
Travelling to your work placement is an important part of your placement. Depending on the location, some participants can walk to work and others might have to take the local bus. Please budget $1-2 daily for transportation to your placement.
Some projects may provide lunch for volunteers, but most cannot afford to. Participants should use lunchtimes as an opportunity to try the local cuisine. Participants may also use the kitchen at the volunteer house to prepare their own meals. Please budget $.50 to $5 depending on destination for lunches.
All our programs have a long 3-day weekend for volunteers to travel and explore their program destinations. During this time, you will be responsible for all your travel expenses. We recommend a weekend budget of $180 for Costa Rica, $80 Ghana and $80 Thailand for your weekends. It is possible to spend much more or less that that depending on your social activities and spending habits.
You will not be able to travel during your first weekend of the program.
Weekly personal expenses
For personal expenses, budget a minimum of $30 weekly for Costa Rica and $10 for Ghana and Thailand.