If you are not free to travel for the dates of the current scholarship please sign-up using this form to me notified of the future dates.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND TRAVEL SCHOLARSHIP
Volunteer abroad for free in Costa Rica this summer!
Want to spend your summer volunteering abroad, making new friends and gaining valuable social media skills? We are giving one lucky person the opportunity to travel and volunteer abroad for 3 weeks in Costa Rica this July. You’ll tell your story by blogging, taking photos and video, Facebooking, Tweeting and being an all-around digital genius.
If you have a constant case of wanderlust, love to tell stories and share your experiences online, we want to hear from you! We’re accepting applications now until Monday, June 19, 2017 at 11:59 pm EST.
What will you do?
You’ll spend 3 weeks volunteering in several of our community projects in Costa Rica, such as our community education project, teaching english, working in building and construction, in sports education etc..
Before, during and after your trip, you’ll blog, take photos, vlog, and share your experience on uVolunteer’s social media channels to raise awareness about volunteering abroad. You’ll also help our local program staff improve their social media marketing skills.
What will you get?
We’ll cover your entire program fee for a 3-week volunteer abroad placement in Costa Rica, including accommodation in our volunteer dorms, breakfast and lunch provided Monday to Friday, and a $500 voucher toward your flight.
uVolunteer is all about authentic cultural exploration, so you’ll also have 3-days each week to explore the country on your own or with other like-minded travelers!
HOW TO APPLY
Show us what you can do… To apply, follow these 2 simple steps:
Create an Instagram story telling us how you have made a difference in your community or how you plan to make a difference whilst travelling. Show us the real you! Your video can be as long or as short as you need it to be to tell your story (we’re not watching the clock), but we’re looking for creativity and great storytelling skills!
Don’t forget to tag @uvolunteer!
Save it to your phone and submit it via our application form. Fill out some basic information and link your social media profiles so we can get to know you better.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Anyone 18 and older, from any country, can apply. If any of the following statements describe you, then we’d love to hear from you!
- You’re a student who wants to pursue a career in social media or digital marketing
- You’re a career breaker looking for a meaningful holiday from the 9-to-5 grind
- You’re a wanderluster who loves traveling and exploring new destinations
- You want to make a difference and contribute your time to others
- You’re a social media obsessive who loves sharing your experiences on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
- You’re passionate about telling stories through photography, blogging, videography, or some other creative medium
- You’re an outgoing person who likes making friends, chatting up strangers, and making connections wherever you go
- You’re always up for trying new things
- You don’t mind being on camera as well as behind it
Summer will be here before you know it. Keep these important dates in mind.
June 19: Application closes at 11:59pm EST.
June 23: Winner will be chosen by uVolunteer team.
June 23 – July 14: Book your flight and start packing.
July 14: The adventure begins!
This scholarship is intended to help those who can not afford to volunteer abroad. We believe that this is a great award, but like all things in life…. nothing is for free! That’s why we want to to get your hands dirty making a video.